Sunday, October 25, 2009

Howard Homecoming: The Alumni Recollection

I start this post by listening to Fear by Drake. Howard Homecoming '09 has come and gone, and I'm not gonna lie...it was live. It was an amazing time, seeing old friends, meeting new friends and ultimately doing the whole party thing. I've never been to a club like Love and I think that it is one of the best clubs to go to....if you're into that kinda thing. But even if you're not, you should only have to go their twice in a year to really appreciate the greatness of the club: Homecoming and Graduation. This is when I am starting to listen to Heart of a Lion by Kid Cudi. However, this being my 2nd year out of college Homecoming attendance, I start to ask myself: When will I stop coming? I honestly didn't go to any homecoming events, excluding Yardfest, but I think I spent the least amount of time there this year then any other year I've been. I feel like I literally came in just to go to Love on friday. I was telling people in all seriousness, "I wouldn't mind coming down here on Friday, get in DC around 6, get to Love around 11:30ish, and then Saturday bounce my monkey-ass right back up to NYC, in which I will lay in my own bed and recuperate, because a successful Love night is followed by a very tired and strained Saturday. I do love to see my alumnus, but I even felt that this year I saw a very limited number. Maybe it's also the fact that I feel I can't go as hard as previous years, I'm removed from the college lifestyle, so the drinking and partying takes a massive decline, and I really can't do it like I used to....nor do I mind it. I guess what I'm trying to say is I really don't know the answer to that question I previously stated. Yeah, I gave a lot of reasons why I should think about going one last time and thats it, but I feel that we all know a million and one reasons why I should continue... it is Howard after all, you really can't get any better, seriously, you can't, why you think everybody comes to our Homecoming and not their own lol. All in all, I had a great time, great laughs, great memories, and all that. Time to make that move back up to NY, and get back to life. I end this post by listening to World is Empty by J.Cole.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Recession is real bro, maybe next year will be better, but you'll have to attend to find out...So, I'll see you next year!