Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last Day of the First Decade of the New Millenium

HAA! That is a long title isn't it? Well, it pretty much describes the entire post that I am going for. It's December 31st, 2009, the last day before the new year starts. Did your 2009 go as planned or were there some set backs that you endured? I ain't gonna lie, 2009 was one hell of a year for the boy. I had everything from deaths from family to friends, relocation to new locations and a change in actual lifestyle (no friends in the city= not going out as much), and lets not forget the part about actually making money, cause being broke ain't fun.. It's all a learning experience, but I foresee 2010 being a better year.

The new year brings new year's resolutions, and I have one or two that I'd like to share. I got more than that, but thats not for you to know! My homeboy put me on blast about not picking up the phone and calling people. For the longest I was known as the guy who doesn't have to call people and blah blah. But you know what, now that all of my friends are located in different cities, and hardly anybody jumps on AIM anymore, I came to the conclusion that I have to make a conscious effort and let these people know what the hell is going on in life, as well as find out what's going on in their life as well. My 2nd is to be more outspoken. Yeah, yeah, ya'll all think I am already, but it all depends on the situation. I'm talking about the idea of instead of trying to please everyone, I need to make sure that I'm good first. Prime example, on my birthday I was more worried about how everyone else was doing instead of the fact that I should have been more focused on myself. Yeah, that sounds selfish, but isn't everyone entitled to a lil bit of selfishness at one point.

Anywayz, I know people ain't trying to be reading all this hoopla on New Year's Eve, so with that said: Happy New Years, have fun, be safe and see ya'll in 2010.


No comments: