Monday, August 16, 2010

1 Year Anniversary

Yesterday marked the one year anniversary of the death of a really good friend of mine, Daniel Jones. It's kinda surreal that he is not with us anymore, almost impossible to believe if I must say. Yesterday was kind of a perfect day to celebrate his life though. It was overcast and rainy in New York, as if the Gods were crying down on the world because they knew a life was taken way before its time. It was one of those days where you didn't want to do anything but just sit back, chill out and be with people that you know and love. It didn't matter what you did the previous night, it just had that vibe. I attended a some-what memorial for Daniel which was put together by my friend Adam and Daniel's girlfriend Ericka. It was a small get together but an amazing one none the less. Everyone shared memories and stories of Daniel and at the end of the evening we all wrote messages on balloons and let them fly into the NYC skyline. What I noticed was that Daniel was a catalyst for many of people's friends, experiences or major changes in their life. Its like you hear about people who make changes in their friends and families lives, but its another to thing to actually know someone that has done it. Daniel was an exceptional human being and he was taken way to early. It makes me think that with the life that I was given that I hope I make a fraction of an impact on the people that I meet in my lifetime in respect to the magnitude that Daniel did in his time on this earth.

I miss you and I love you Daniel, friends/family should never take each other for granted.

No comments: