Monday, June 29, 2009

More Dot Philosophy For Ya Brain

So yesterday was a beautiful Sunday in NY. After a great breakfast and a nice walk through Harlem, I found myself sitting on Columbia's campus enjoying the scenery, the weather and the overall feeling of nothing to do. And thats where my mind exploded and came up with this crazy idea.... We are so focused on speeding time up, we want to rush to get older so we can drive and then rush to get older so we can graduate high school and rush to get to 21 and rush to graduate from college... you get the picture. While we are sitting here trying to rush our lives, we miss out on some of the most amazing sights and sounds. It is a blessing to have the ability to enjoy all that is given to us. Instead of trying to figure out what is going down for the weekend or what you gotta do next week, take some time and enjoy now. If it's 1:31, enjoy 1:31 and worry about 1:32 when it gets here. Time is precious, you will never get any of it back. I don't want to be a that guy who thinks "Man, I wish I did that when I was there," and you shouldn't want to be that person either. And I understand that we are busy, we have responsibilities, we have jobs; but when you have some actual free time, take that and enjoy it, cause you will most likely be mad when it passes and you wish you did.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GREAT ADVICE like the women always say on the THE VIEW "take a little time to enjoy the view"..