Monday, September 14, 2009

A Look In My Closet

Whoa! Who woulda thought I'd hit yall with two posts in a day?

For the sake of Fashion Week, I do have some interesting tibits to talk bout. I was having a conversation with one of my homeboys the other week and he was interested in what brand of clothing I mess with on the regular. Now, I love some one the more expensive brands of clothing, but come on, I'm not going to pay $200 for a pair of jeans, its just not going to happen. So while Sevens are definitely a great pair of jeans, they don't make this list. Neither does Rock n' Republic or True Religion.

As of lately, I've been getting in touch with my West Coast Skater brands. As you can tell by many of the posts that I dedicate to shoes or even just by knowing me, I'm a big Nike SB fan, but here are some of the clothes that go with the same idea of SBs. Whats great about these brands is that they don't start out super expensive... they can however get up there in prices if thats your thing.

Stussy is a clothing brand that originated in Orange Count, CA. The brand is huge in the surf/skateboard world, known for its original t-shirt designs. While I was living in DC, they had opened up a store in Adam's Morgan and now more recently they re-opened their store in NYC in SOHO.

Here's the address, check it out for yourself or hit the website @ Stussy
140 Wooster St
New York, NY 10012
(212) 995-8787

My next pick is The Hundreds. The Hundreds is another West Coast brand that originates from Los Angeles x Southern California area. It's another surf/skateboard type design of streetwear. Their brand consists of everything and anything from t-shirts, denim, wovens, outerwear, etc etc. You get the picture. The Hundreds have their own stores in LA and San Francisco, however on the east coast you can only find it in select boutiques, such as Revive in Detroit.

Their website is The Hundreds

Last but not least is Kid Robot. Kid Robot started out as a toy company that specialized in guest artist creations. In addition to their amazing toy line, they have a very active apparel line which includes t-shirts, hoodies and other forms of clothing featuring one of the many Kid Robot characters. Kid Robot might actually be the most expensive initially compared to the other two brands I've mentioned.

Their website is Kid Robot

Now, Kid Robot's base price of shirts usually start out at around $38, while The Hundreds are about $28 and Stussy is $26. But all shirts are made out of high quality fabrics, so there isn't any worry about cheapness because of price.

Usually, I don't really let people know what clothes I really wear, because who wants to look like everyone else in the streets. And while people spend $90 dollars on a shirt that four other people are wearing, I'll spend bout $30 and stand out.

No comments: