Thursday, December 17, 2009

Birthdays: A Year in Personal Review

Its crazy how fast a year can go since your last birthday. I feel being a December baby, we truly feel the lengthiness of year, so when it's our time, we make sure everyone knows. Now, within a day and a half I will be celebrating my 24th year, and I have a great feeling about it. I don't know if you know, but I have never been 100% excited about my birthday. The fact that its literally 6 days away from Christmas makes it very difficult. Christmas is one of those holidays where it overshadows EVERYTHING...it is Jesus's birthday and all. And usually when it comes to gifts, us December babies understand we get the short end of the stick, but I'm not even focused on that. Its a celebration, while New Years Eve/Day is the time you look back on the year that passed, my birthday is the specific time where I can sit back and look at myself solely. And you know what, you should probably be doing the same when it comes to your birthday...take only 5 minutes tho, because after that silent time, ITS PARTY TIME. As I re-read what I wrote, it sounds like I'm all over the place, but I guess that is what happens when you just start to type and let the images in your head become words.

No comments: