Monday, May 10, 2010

B*tches to Rags

Episode 2 of Season 3 from The Boondocks. I'll write my review on it later



I throughly enjoyed this episode. It pretty much summed up what is happening in the Hip-Hop industry right now. Everything from the overuse of Autotune to the songs with associated dances to the whole Ice-T/Souja Boy youtube arguments. It was straight on point. The kids these days who are listening to rap don't know a thing about the "legends", they know about the new artists like Gucci Mane but have no idea how important artists like Big Daddy Kane or Sugar Hill Gang are. It actually makes me feel good about being born in the 80s and growing up in the 90s because I got a chance to experience the changes in Hip-Hop, from the New York dominance to the West Coast to the Southern and so on. I've also enjoy how the episodes tend to focus on the other characters within the series. The first season had a large Huey-focus and the second was very Riley-focused. I like that the creator is giving the minor characters their time shine in which turns them into more well-rounded characters. I am looking forward to a more Huey focused episode, but I enjoy the other stories as well.

No comments: