Monday, May 31, 2010

The Hateocracy

Episode 5

Honestly, I'm too tired or lazy to really put out a full-out synopsis, so I'm going to do it in a quick run through.

1. You noticed that Stickmeaner's crew was pretty much old, black sitcom stars: JJ Evans (Good Times), Red Fox (Sanford and Son) and the woman, I'm not 100% sure.

2. The initial dream sequence scene was based off the beginning scene in the movie 28 Months Later, a european "zombie/infection" film.

3. The action again resembles a mixture of Anime from the likes of Ghost in the Shell and Afro Samurai as well as action films such as Kill Bill.

4. It was your standard Nigga Moment episode, in which showcased the idea of gangs represented by the Hateocracy and how niggas are so prideful that they will continue to carry on beefs of revenge when everybody knows its better to just take an L in life sometimes and continue to move forward.

5. Lastly, I enjoyed this episode. I like episodes that are infused with political consciousness but I also like episodes that are action oriented and that also focus on issues that our society has besides what goes on in the politic world, i.e. Gangs.

No comments: