Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Year In Review: Part 3

Hello again, I hope you enjoyed the last posting. This might be my last one, mainly because I don't know what else I could review. Or I do have other ideas, but they might just be that difficult to review, I don't know. Ok, enough with all this talk, lets talk video games.

For the last 5+ years, the video game industry has been making a ridiculous amount of money. Video games easily beat out the movie industry, the music industry and television. Honestly, I would hope so, since many of these blockbuster titles 1. take multiple years to develop and 2. cost a grip to make as well. Anyways, I've played my fair share of games this year, some old, some new, some bad, some good...you get the idea.

F.Y.I - Some of these games might not have been released in 2010, this post is an exception to the rules I was governed to in my last two blogs.

Lets get started

Nintendo Wii

It seems as if the Wii's domination has simmered down a bit since its release a few years back, but that doesn't mean there aren't some good games to play. So if you got a Wii, here are some good suggestions.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Old school, side-scrolling Super Mario fun, with 4 players this time around

Metroid: Other M - A new 2D/3D story based on your favorite female bounty hunter

Epic Mickey - The camera sucks but the timeless Disney history is gold

Sony PlayStation 3

Sony's black box had a rough start when it first came out (no help to the steep $600 price tag), but things are starting too look way up for the system "That Does Everything"

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3 Exclusive) - its literally like an interactive movie

Vanquish - A third-person, cover-based shooter on crack

God of War 3 (PS3 Exclusive) - Extremely Violent/Brutal yet Satisfying at the same time

Red Dead Redemption - Old West Gangsters

Final Fantasy XIII - Linear Japanese RPG: Yes, Fun as hell: Yessir

NBA 2K11 - King of the court

Xbox 360

America's great white hope...that now comes in black. Microsoft continues to try to think up ways to take over the world and the Xbox 360 definitely has apart in it.

Halo: Reach (360 Exclusive) - Halo at its best

Call of Duty: Black Ops - took everything that Modern Warfare 2 had, and made it better

Mass Effect 2 - Space Opera

Bayonetta - what Devil May Cry 4 should have been

Many of the games aren't exclusives, so they usually come on both PS3 and the 360.

I could give much more information on all of this, but I thought it would be better to keep my nerd in this time. But if you got time on your hands and you don't feel like getting up off the couch, any of these games I mention would be great diversions from ordinary life.

Oh, I thought I'd mention this as a honorable/hated mention:

The game you love to hate to play: Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - its like the hot girl at the club, who you know isn't going to give you any love but for some reason you continue to go back up to her to see if something might change. Sometimes it does and sometimes Cable is on the screen, running away shooting his gun while he constantly assists Sentinel/Dr. Doom....


There goes part 3 my Year review, that might be it. If it isn't you will see a part 4, but if it is, much appreciated for the read. yada yada yada

ummm... 4 days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you could do your own personal experiences/year in view. Also, Places/restaurants/clubs you've visited